Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wyden

I am desperately trying to find some current news on the web about this but I have heard in the last few days about Ron Wyden’s plan for the diabolical HMO feeding bullshit that masquerades as “universal health care”. I guess I been living under a rock because I didn’t know about his proposal until recently. All I can find is articles from 06 and 07 but it appears he supports this.

 

This lie is the biggest sham of our time. Its not universal health care. It’s a way to force you to give your money to private insurance companies. For profit companies whose job it is to deny you health care.

 

I thought Progressives in Oregon were smarter than that.

 

Fellow blogger Tim Nam is considering running for Darlene Hooleys seat in the Senate when she leaves. Perhaps I should run against Wyden in the next election. He has lost my vote.

 

I don’t know why this issue is such a hot button for me. I think it may be that I see the insurance industry as very corrupt. Not saying agents are bad. I have known many good people who work in the insurance business but the companies behind them are corrupt and evil.

 

Wow. Another slam of this health care thing. You must be thinking. This guy really must hate insurance companies. This is the main reason why I so staunchly oppose Clinton.

 

Apparently Wyden is in bed with the insurance business more than he wants to help the people in Oregon who don’t have access to health care. Mandating wont help them. People who don’t have insurance don’t have it because they cant afford it not because they choose not to.

 

I know I am spewing on this issue again. I promise to shut up for a while. Maybe I will reword this and send it to Wyden.

 

Damnit this is America and if we choose not to support the insurance industry we should not have to. I would be for making car insurance not mandatory. Not that I wouldn’t have it but if I want to choose to be sued instead of padding the pockets of the rich that is my right. And driving is choice. Last I heard being alive is kind of mandatory.

 

OK. I will shut up.

2 comments:

tkn said...

I wish I could write the laws so that everyone was forced to give their money to me! That would be ehhxcellent!(evil laugh)

Nina said...

Wyden's just another status quo junkie. I wrote him last year about Kucinich's Universal Health Care Plan and I received some blanket blah blah about his own plan. Uh, no, I wrote back, I don't like your plan. I want you to join the Kucinich wagon and back that one. Never heard back.

Just like DeFazio never writes back when you inquire about impeachment.

Progressive, my ass. Of and For The People, my ass. I'm quickly coming to agree with the quote "Don't Vote. It Only Encourages Them"