Sunday, February 17, 2008

What am I doing up?

Its about 1:30 AM here in Oregon. I am sitting in my garage/office/kick ass server room. For some reason I am still awake. Its quite cold out here so I should be in bed but I felt the need to catch up on the blogosphere.

 

I don’t have anything truly profound to say at this hour. I guess all that is really on my mind is how I process stress. I realize I don’t get upset when things are not as they should be. What really gets me going is when things are out of control and I feel I need to do something. For example paying the bills rather then complaining about them and doing nothing. That really stresses me out when things get ignored. When the people who should help me deal with problems choose to ignore them, I panic. I am calm now in that respect.

 

I seem irritable recently and do know exactly why. My wife seems to be the one who notices the most. I am not trying to be but sometimes I feel like the stupidest things get on my nerves lately.  Perhaps I am just looking for one little corner of the world that is mine that I don’t have to share. Perhaps I am just wanting people to stay out of my face and let me chill for just a few minutes. I don’t know. My real theory is that its sugar withdrawal from the diet I am on. Sugar is like a drug. Maybe I should be in rehab for it. Who knows. They say it affects the brain much like heroin. I don’t know if they are right. I don’t even remember who they are.

 

My wife is busy doing homework. She is rehearsing for some kind of performance in her drama class at college. The fact that she is walking around the house having conversations with non existent people carrying a book freaks me out when I am trying to sleep. Moreso when she walked out here into my little world. Her conversation with some person named George was interesting.Anyway, she isn’t nuts. Just practicing. Though it seems weird from a half asleep condition. Especially since she is getting quite good at drama and is convincing.

 

I will shut up and go back to bed before I lose all my credibility in the blogging world. I hope this post makes some sense to someone. Or maybe even to me in the morning (or afternoon) when I wake up and read it tomorrow.

 

One more thing. Tomorrow (or later today if you want to get picky) If we can afford the gas and have the time, I want to go to Fishermans Bend just outside of Mill City in the Cascades. I heard it was nice and I don’t find much about it on the net. That probably means not many people will be there. That is a good thing. If I go, I will take and post some pics. If not, maybe in a couple weeks.

4 comments:

Julee Ann said...

I enjoy your posts! Especially this one---and the Obama one---oh, and the one about the guy at the health club---and your first computer one---yup, I like your style!

Rock in the Grass (Pete Grassow) said...

Brother: get some sleep.
Peace
PG

tkn said...

1:30 aint bad. If you were up at 4:30 I'd be worried about you, but 1:30 is certainly understandable.

I'm not even sure where Mill City is, much less Fishermans Bend.

Spiritbear said...

We did go to Fishermans Bend. Its off of 22 East of Salem towards Detroit