Wednesday, February 20, 2008

DRM is EVIL

I have that sticker on my truck and I believe it. I am all for supporting the artists but the music industry is as corrupt as well the health insurance industry. RIAA is not about helping the artist. They are about making the world a greener place. Well at least the world inside their wallets.

 

Diane Feinstein who is supposed to be a progressive keeps on introducing the Perform act and other shit that would require artists and podcasters to use DRM. I have toyed around with podcasting and I think it will be dead should such legislation pass. If I create something and I want to share it with the world free of charge instead of capitalizing on it nobody should fskcing stop me.

 

Anyway, read about it here. I think I would send these guys money. If I had extra money that is. I am too busy tithing to the government to support this freaking war. Another topic.

 

https://secure.eff.org/site/Advocacy?JServSessionIdr004=iqxzulbhg3.app2a&cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=221

 

No comments: