Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Beligerant Asshole

OK so I have started working out and I was in the locker room of the health club and there was this guy who was VERY LOUD. I think he was drunk because he was rambling to anyone who would listen. He said that Hillary is a bitch, Obama is an idiot and he was in the Marines so he knows how things are. He thinks McCain is the answer to all our problems. He also said that he would like to see an America where criminals have no Miranda rights and we just shoot them on the spot. Next he said this is Oregon and everyone in Oregon is a stupid pothead. OK. I almost asked him then why are you here then?

 

I didn’t approach this narrow minded moron but I would have if I thought I could have had an intelligent conversation with him. One person did talk to him and it almost turned physically violent.

 

I guess what gets me is that I had to listen to this crap and that he could be such a narrow minded bigot. I guess we should be thankful that we live in a country where idiots can spew there madness. Though he did get obsene and crude when talking about Clinton and Lewinsky.

 

Another thing I have noticed is outside of small pockets in the valley, Oregon is not nearly as liberal (in fact downright redneck conservative) then most would think.

 

If I was a republican I would be less likely to support McCain knowing this dipwad likes him.

 

 

2 comments:

Ninjanun said...

McCain has flip-flopped so much in the past, and been Bush's patsy so often recently (despite how Bush-Rove stabbed him in the back during the '00 campaign) that I just can't trust him. It seems that he's willing to back down on his principles in order to get the presidency, and that's never a good thing.

It's amazing how belligerent assholes such as the one you encountered are allowed to spew their very rude, uncouth opinions, and no one is allowed to challenge them. The right likes to wave the "you're not really tolerant if you don't tolerate our asshat, offensive, misinformed opinion!" flag any time someone tries to take them to task for it. *shrugs*

But hey, you were at the gym! I'm proud of you! You should start a "365 days" set on Flickr, like the Pete and me, so we can all track each other's progress and encourage each other.

Spiritbear said...

I am going to do the 365 Flickr. I saw what you and the Pete have out there and it looks like a cool idea to me. I got nothing on Flickr yet except a few pics from my collection. The 365 ought to be interesting