Sunday, January 28, 2007

Jesus Camp

I watched the movie Jesus Camp this weekend. It disturbed me greatly, not because its irreverant, but because it shows what people teach. It is sick and twisted that people are teaching children (or adults) to be good republicans. This false gospel of nationalism has infiltrated many Churches.

I was a youth leader of sorts (Royal Rangers) for years. I could have been the people on Jesus Camp. What have a done. I want to tear my clothes and wail. I may have led innocent Children astray while thinking I was doing Gods will. I felt so close to God then, but the people were so much worshipping the false gospel of nationalism that I wonder if it was real. Was it God, was it the spirit of the antichrist? I am so confused.

I went to Church today and was looking for the hook in everything, though I didnt see one. Could this Church be different.

I cannot handle it anymore. I may have had a part in leading young boys to follow George W Bush's bloody path to hell. Or did I lead them to the Lord? I am not sure anymore.

I feel convicted, but I am not sure exactly about what. My mom says people like that who teach nationalism are raising up the army for the Antichrist. I have to say I think raising up an army to take back America (which never was a Christian nation) is very unbiblical.

I dont know who I am anymore or where I am going

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think you need to beat yourself up. I was a Royal Ranger, and at some point, God gave me the grace to think critically. You can't mess someone up beyond God's ability to retrieve them. Take comfort.

MJ said...

Truly, man look at all the foolishness all around us everywhere...look at all the bad teaching that you have been given and yet, here you are eyes open. Isn't that amazing? God did that for you. He is The "Eye Opener" and the wisdom you have been given now is a precious gift from him. Don't use it to beat yourself up. That's not why he let you see this truth. he did it because he loves you and wants you to have understanding and the truth. He does that for all who seek him in earnest. You can not screw up his story...He functions flawlessly in our folly...his functioning is never impaired. You love God and he loves you back...recieve that and don't worry so much about being a "good christian". It's not on you to be good at all. He's awesome at unraveling the messy knots we tie. I have screwed up so bad...you have no idea. I have watched God use it to my good. So rest assured, even if you did something "wrong" He's got it covered. You are covered.

Out Of Jersey said...

Instead of moaning and wailing, pray for peoples hearts. I've done the wailing, I've done the moaning, I've spoken out at their foolishness in anger.... sigh. Just pray they seek God and Christ. It'll work out in God's time.

jp said...

After 9/11 when I would watch T.V. and see masses of people tearfully praying - I thought "They will forget"...and they have.
Remember who we are fighting. They don't need provocation and they kill indiscriminately. They've proved that on 9/11 and repeatedly since. The job isn't done but we all are anxious to bring our troupes home - even the President.
If you had a difficult job you'd want to have people praying for wisdom for you, right? Pray for our President.
jp

Ha Kohen said...

I have to say that it was nice to see so many of today’s youth seeking out a spiritual experience and I think that those kids should be applauded for their passion. The real evil is not the kids or even those particular church leaders. The real evil is the manipulation they use. That whole "apostolic network" creeps me out (Fischer's ministry too)!