Saturday, January 06, 2007

Going to Church Tomorrow

I am going back to Church again tomorrow. For those who know the area, its Church on the Hill in Salem, Oregon. We went there last week and it was alright. Since my wife is compelled to go by her school and I want to try and view it from a new perspective (not brainwashed by Churchianity, but not negative and spiteful), I think it may be good.

I still have issues with some teachings, with pastoral authority and political agendas, but God willing, I can look past all that and just worship with these people and grow closer to Christ. That is what I need.

Some may say I am selling out to the man, but I have no head, but Christ. If the Pastor is a control freak, I will go elsewhere.

I so badly want to feel the passion I used to feel when I was in Church, but without the mind control. Maybe this is possible, I will give it a try.

No comments: