Wednesday, January 03, 2007

ID10T Error

I feel like a moron. About 2 weeks ago I changed out all the hoses on my truck and replaced the thermostat. I am a computer tech, not a mechanic and now more than ever I know that.

Last night on the way home, my prayer life became much more active as the damn truck started running hot (not overheating but 3/4 the way up).

Since rural Oregon would be a good setting for the movie deliverance and it was a dark cold rainy night (sounds horror like). I couldnt help but be haunted by images of Ned Beatty sqealing like a pig and toothless people with guns. I prayed my way home.

Unfortunately my mechanic is the town I work in and not the town I live in so I had to drive overheating truck through the backwoods again this morning.

Thank God, I made it. Well it turns out the problem is I didnt burp the cooling system. I didnt realize it needed burping. Apparently air got in there, got hot and fried the thermostat. So in other words, I fucked up my own truck.

So I proclaim myself, an idiot and pay the $105. I hope to God thats all thats wrong with it.

Anyway, thats my rant today, anyone who tells you to do your own car work because you cant hurt anything is lying. Just like you cant hurt your computer. Yeah right.

2 comments:

nakedpastor said...

the question probably is what kinda truck is it? god's judgement or blessing depending on which.

Spiritbear said...

Its a Ford. You decide.