Friday, January 25, 2008

Vista is a No Brainer

I was reading an article about Vista which I am convinced is a manifestation of the demonic straight from the dark lord himself. Vista that is, not the article. I lost the link but it referred to upgrading to Vista as a “no brainer”. From my perspective that really doesn’t make me want to do it. Having tried Vista, I think I agree that the OS itself is a no brainer. In that only someone with no brain would think it was ready to ship.

 

I guess my point is why would anyone want to refer to something that is for a complex machine like a computer as a no brainer. Do we really want brainless people running computers. In some respects I think Windoze 95 and AOhell ruined the Internet by doing just that.

 

I am not talking about the computer illiterate. Everyone is born that way. But those who want to stay computer illiterate and wear it as a badge of honor are a different story. Why are people proud of stupidity or at least deficiencies. I am not good at some things but I don’t go around saying, I am so proud that I suck at many sports or that I don’t know how to take apart an engine. If I had to take apart an engine, I would LEARN HOW not whine about how stupid I am. IGNORANCE IS NOT A SOURCE OF PRIDE (as my truck bumper sticker says). Why would anyone want to make anything to appeal to laziness by calling it a “no-brainer”.

 

So I guess it comes down to, if no brainers run Vista, I would rather keep my brain and run Linux (I know there are mac zealots who read this and I like macs, I just have PCs). That is just the conclusion I would have come to from the article. My personal experience with Vista is it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

If you are stuck with this abysmal excuse for an operating system and want to dump it, I can assist you with downgrade rights. I guess to work in the tech industry one must think like a lawyer now.

 

Anyway, enough rambling. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Ninjanun said...

"Ignorance is not a source of pride."

I am SOOO stealing this phrase for use at opportune moments!

*gets to work on memorizing it, so as to use in opportune moments....

Spiritbear said...

You are more than welcome to it. I dont claim copyright on it but I think I may have invented it.

When I lived on the Coast I dealt with so many people that seemed ignorant by choice. They would start sentences by saying " I am computer stupid" or "I am a dummy".

I ordered the sticker from a place called makestickers.com because I couldnt find anything on the net that was close.

tkn said...

That is a good phrase, hopefully it doesn't become a buzz phrase that comes back to haunt you! :)

I've always been attracted to the principle of Linux and open source. but am totally intimidated by compatability issues and such.

We run XP. even though we recently upgraded the PC. So far so good. I'm steering clear of pirated copies this time around, though, fosho. ;)