Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year Plans

I saw a post on Ninjanuns blog that made me think about the new year and what I am gonna do.

The last two years have been a roller coaster at times seeming about as encouraging as Oregons weather in december. Well I am sick of it. So here goes

1) I am going to try to find something good in each day. Sounds like an AA slogan or a self help book but if I cant do that, why wake up each day

2) I am going to try and get out of debt. No doubt it will take more than a year

3) Take better care of myself. That is lose some weight, Become less of a couch potato

4) Take part in something of meaning. It used to be ministry back in Minnesota. Since moving to Oregon it has been less and less and now I am isolated. No more. I think it likely wont be ministry but maybe some political cause. I dont know. I just need to get out and talk to real people.

5) Be more authentic. Instead of complaining about the world, I want to really try and become what I am passionate about. First I need to figure out what that is.

6) Make this blog into something worthwhile. I know I have a few dedicated friends out there who read this and I appreciate it. I know I am not talking to space. I would like to make it actually make a difference and mean something.

7) This is the hard one. I have to stop allowing people to push me around so much

Most importantly. Spend more quality time with my wife.

3 comments:

Ninjanun said...

Way to go! I agree with you about #7--I need to stop letting other people push me around, too.

I'm also trying to take better care of myself. I started going back to the gym this week,and am trying to watch what I eat better. While in school, and during the holidays, I overloaded on easy-food (pizza, etc.) and cookies & candy.

Also, I need to get more sleep. Sleep deprivation (and most of us Americans are sleep-deprived) causes weight increase, b/c your body craves more sweet and saltier foods when you're tired. So trying to get enough sleep will help, too. In fact, doctors are now saying getting enough sleep is even MORE important than getting enough exercise.

One more excuse to sleep in. ;)

Happy New Year!

tkn said...

Great post.

I'm looking forward to better weather when COF will resume. Hope to see you there!

Spiritbear said...

I plan to return as soon as COF resumes. Is there a definite date?

I am looking forward to it.