Friday, January 11, 2008

Is Blogging a Passing Fad? Has it lost its coolness?

I have been blogging for a little over a year and I have noticed that other blogs I read have slowed down a lot. Blogging had a coolness about it in that it was real. Unlike Myspace which has been overrun with superficial simpletons (I stole that word froma blog I found today). Bloggers were cool people who had things to say. Much like the culture I remember in the mid 90s on BBSs. Before every teenager in the world got on.

Now teenagers and old people are blogging. Any moron can do it. Its been made too easy. Now there are a lot of smart people with a good perspective out there that I read.

I just fear that in a year blogdom will be gone. Being an introvert as I am, its a great way to get my thoughts out and meet people I would otherwise never know. If it goes the way of the BBS or gets ruined like myspace, I will sure miss it.

Thank God for the Friends I have made here. In this world, I feel accepted and understood. Not to mention free. Well freeer then in person.

So do you think blogging will go the way of the web (over commericalized and ruined by superficial stupid people) or will it be something we have to explain to people what it was. Much like BBSs. LONG LIVE THE BBS. BRING BACK GOPHER. BANISH CAPITALISM FROM THE WEB.. Anyway sorry went on a tangent.

4 comments:

Ninjanun said...

oh, i hope it doesn't die. While I don't blog nearly as much as I used to, I still enjoy writing my thoughts (and seeing what others think of them), as well as reading other people's writings.

But I DO notice that when I'm busy, I don't "blog" very much. In other words, when I'm busy in "real" life, my virtual life suffers. And I can't say that that is a bad thing. :)

I'm completely baffled by the people who are VERY busy IRL, yet STILL have time to blog. Those people must be running on all 8 cylinders, or else they're just very good, very prolific writers. Or both. :)

Julee Ann said...

I like your style!
In my case, I'm not sure if it's that people don't blog as much---or---if I don't read as much.
I've decided there are just way too many boring blogs.
Not yours.
Carry on.

tkn said...

never got into bbs, but I have a faint inkling of what you're talking about.

Personally, I go through cycles of intense expression, where I have lots to say, and periods of depression where I feel like I don't know wtf is going on and have nothing to say. having been ill for the last few weeks, not mention out of the country, have all contributed to the latest downturn at timsbloggo.

keep blogging!

Spiritbear said...

Thats kind of how it goes with me too. I get passionate about things and post and then get depressed and have slow times. No plans to stop though