Saturday, March 01, 2008

Satan Device

OK so we had liquid satan now we have the satan device. The company I work for decided to buy the CEO a Zune music player to bring him into the digital world. This is Micro$ofts knock off of the Ipod. I was tasked with setting it up and ripping  about 10 CDs and copying them to it.

 

I have officially declared the Zune the satan device. This thing is from the bowels of hell. I plug it into my laptop. You cannot use it without downloading software. OK. Maybe that’s fine. I download the shitware (I mean software) and it proceeds to without asking UPDATE THE FIRMWARE on the Zune. Now as a tech I know that Firmware updates can go very bad and toast your device. At least an option would have been nice but this just did it.

 

Now my laptop is a 1.8Mhz core Duo with 2GB of RAM and XP. Not bad really. Well it took 45 minutes for this satanware to install. That seemed excessive. No progress indicators. Nothing. Then once installed it starts puking out random error messages which researching it tells me are TO BE EXPECTED. This will be great for a technophobe CEO. Finally I get the damn satanware to work and then had to figure out how to copy music to it. You would think Micro$uck product would use Media Player. NOT.. Forget about drag and drop like a normal MP3 Player. Nope you have to use the Zune satanware to copy files to it. And its about as user friendly as a nuclear power plant in meltdown.

 

Ok so I get it all figured out. All is well right. WRONG. Now every time I turn on the laptop its noticeably slower and has errors on the Zune bus enumerator. Sure I can probably disable the services or worst case reformat my laptop. But CEO with his slower system is going to expect this piece of shit to actually work and call me when it doesn’t.

 

We haven’t presented the satan device to him yet. I am going to try and talk the people who bought this into returning the damn thing and buying him an ipod.

 

Somehow I know I will get called on a weekend sometime and will be treated as if I wrote this satanware.

 

ZUNE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It looks cool but the software makes Vista look like something good. What a piece of shit.

No comments: