Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Doggy is a Cannibal?

My mom was very distraught when I got home tonight and said she read that 12% of many dog and cat foods are made from the bodies of euthanized dogs and cats. In addition roadkill is often used. Now hoping this was some awful urban legend I hit the net. Looked at snopes. Found nothing. Did find many web sites that seem to confirm that this is true. I nearly puked when I read this (shouldnt have done this while eating dinner).

I am fed up. Freaking corporate capitalist pigs. They poison us with crap from china. They feed my dog dead dog and cat meat. all anyone seems to give a fsck about is the bottom line. I am sick of it. I want to go out and live in the woods and eat plants. FSCK the bottom line. FSCK capitalism.

I hope the rich corporate assholes get to eat Soylent Green for dinner when they lose all their money.

5 comments:

WhiteWolf28 said...

I absolutely agree with you about the solent green thing. They don't care about animals. All they care about is themselves. I can't believe they are actually doing this to the animals. This is disgusting. I thought it might be a hoax, but when you said you researched it (and I know how good you are at that), I realized it's true. This is disgusting, wrong, and should be illegal.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I understand what has you so upset. Since the turn of the last century (maybe even earlier) cattle feed has contained ground up slaughterhouse remains (and cows are not even carnivores!). In the wild, most predators are not above eating their own kind. Sharks turn on wounded sharks regularly. According to the PBS series, "Nature," cannibalism is fairly widespread in the animal kingdom.

Are you familiar with rendering plants? They're fairly common, and the places where all this happens. The same process is the source for a number of soaps, lubricants, and glue, as well. Maybe it's just because I've been exposed to it before, but I think of it as akin to recycling. Or maybe I'm just evil (which is a possibility).

Spiritbear said...

Dorsey,

I dont think you are evil. I guess though you could take this line of thinking to an extreme and people should eat each other. I guess its repulsive for the same reason that Koreans eating dog is.

Not to mention the health risks (Brain disorders)

As I said in my later post, I was pissed when I wrote this and probably was off my rocker

Unknown said...

No, I think you're wrong.


I AM evil.

; )

Nina said...

if we had truth in advertising--real truth that is--people would know what is in the products they are buying, whether it be soap or dog food.