Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I dont know shit

This post may make no sense but it may. When I was 23, I thought I knew everything. My mothers boyfriend (in his late forties) told me I didnt but he thought he did. He said I was young dumb and full of c*m. Well I know now that at 23, I didnt know shit but here is the dilemma. If people in their late forties know everything and teenagers know everything than I can say with confidence that at 35, I dont know shit. I will be glad when I hit 45 and regain all the knowledge I had at 18.

Of course this post is full of sarcasm. I guess the point is a lot of older people think they know a lot from experience. Younger people are too inexperienced to know they dont know.

I am old enough to know I dont know but not old enough to have the experience.

Welcome to the void of the mid thirties

2 comments:

tkn said...

you are a wise man, Spiritbear.

i don't know shit either.

On the other hand, we both know everything we need to know, and that is to listen to our conscience because we know that we can trust our conscience.

Nina said...

wait until you get into your 40's. you'll find you know even less. but by that time, you kind of stop caring and start enjoying the freedom not to feel that pressure TO know it all!