Thursday, April 12, 2007

The struggle within

Its the big old dilemma I have wrestled with most of my adult life.It seems worse when I am in a job I like. I used to want to go into the ministry. I still think about it. Oftentimes I would fantasize about doing something with my life other than wasting it away for the corporate greed of others. Now I am beginning to think about doing something meaningful. However I like my new job. Deep down I have always thought secular work was something you had to do and to be truly free and mean something to God, you had to escape the slavery of it. If that was true it still is. But what to do. I like my job. I actually feel guilt for liking my job. Work is somethign you are not supposed to like. Thats as obsurd as a prisioner liking jail. Also what eternal valus is there in work. Should I not be in ministry where what I do could mean something to God.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are in ministry. Quit complaining and get back to work. ; )

MJ said...

I think the difficulty you are having is in all these boxes you ahve in your mind...Emmanuel is God with us. He is with you all day every day. Don't worry abou tjob this job that. That Job is exactly where he wants you right now. Keep your eyes open for what HE is doing with you here. What does he have for you to learn...who does he have for you to love. Ministy is breathing...it should be all day all the time. hear him and don't worry about the specifics.

Spiritbear said...

MJ,

I think you may be right. I tend to like to put things in boxes. I have somewhat come to terms with it now.

I definitely think God is in this. At least in me getting this job. I am not yet sure what I am to do, but I am ready. I think.

I really like your statement that "ministry is breathing"

Spiritbear said...

Hey MJ,

Can you invite me to read your blog? Please. I always found it inspirational but it would appear you have blocked all but invited guests.

Thanks,