Thursday, April 19, 2007

Living Mannequins

I see them. Everywhere I go. They are there. People who ask how you doin? When they dont care. They say good. Its a greeting. They look good in their business suits. Starched up. Women with so much makeup they look like mannequins. Inside they hurt. Inside they are broken and sad. Outside they look plastic. They seem so happy in their world. Like they have it made. They are better than me. They say so. As they parade around in their silver and gold Tahoe's, or their BMWs they seem plastic. Though deep down, they must have hearts. Otherwise they wouldnt live. The Church is full of them too. More than the world. Not that there is really a difference. So I mourn and lament for the plastic people. The mannequins. They do as they are told. They think as they think they should. But later in life when they are old and the plastic melts, they will see it was all fake.

If anyone has seen the Soundgarden video Black Hole Sun they will get this reference. In the end, the Barbies will melt. Not by the hand of anyone, but just from age. Their plastic parts will fall off and they will be lonely old and sad.

I dont envy the mannequins. I pity them. I hope they get it figured out. I wish them well. Their pain is self inflicted.

2 comments:

tkn said...

My old friend Cliffy used to use the term plastic people and I find it very appropriate. I'm also seeing an analogy to the pod people from the Matrix a lot these days. People who are so isolated in what they percieve as reality that they can't imagine anything different. Just like the frog that lived in the well.

Spiritbear said...

Good analogy.

Hey sorry I didnt make it to open forum today. I had to replace the heater core on my truck. took me a lot longer than I thought it would. Maybe next week.

Can you allow me to read the open forum blog? I am very interested in getting to know people who share my views (and other viewpoints) in the area.

Take care. My email is spiritbear928(at)gmail(dot)com