Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Im a freaking slob

OK. I admit it. I am a slob. I tried operation CRAP (as recommended by Ninjanun). I just cant do it. My wife is WORSE. We are both slobs. Neither of us can look at a house and just jump in and clean. We can walk over piles of crap (not literal crap, I do have standards) for weeks rather than move it out of the way.

 

My boss is a self proclaimed neat freak. All my life I have been tormented by people who are neat freaks. Sure everything is a mess and I cant find anything but I get the job done. I admit its gone too far.

 

I once prayed to God for the gift of organization. Then for one day I started to be organized. I got terrified and begged God to take the gift back. I don’t want to be a neat freak. I fear it. My mom used to be a neat freak and drove me nuts. I have always thought appearance was a waste of time. In my job, I want things to WORK not to look good. Wires everywhere is a sign of a good technician. A clean server office is a sign that no work actually gets done. When things are orderly, I really cant find anything.

 

Maybe I am wrong.

 

I love my slobby self and my slobby wife. How can I learn to fake it as a neat freak without being one? Also it would be nice to know what is in our garage. A bunch of boxes we brought from the last place and from the place before. There could be dead rats in there for all I know.

 

That’s my dilemma of the day.

 

 

1 comment:

Ninjanun said...

Balance, young paduan. ;)


Seriously, I don't think you're in danger of being a neat freak. We all go through phases where we suddenly get the urge to clean and organize, and other phases where we can go weeks without noticing the huge piles o' crap lying everywhere.

I would say that it's a HUGE myth that a messy desk means work is more productive, and the clean desk means nothing is getting done. More often than not, when your workspace is clean and organized, you get more done b/c you can find the stuff you need quicker, and you're not mentally distracted by all the "unfinished business" you see laying around.

Love you! take care and keep calm! :)