Sunday, November 11, 2012

The blogs new name

Years ago I called it truth for dummies because my main objective was the quest for truth and was there absolute truth. I thought it was catchy. What it morphed into was a personal meltdown of all my own self evident truths. Things I believed without question. In 2006 when I started leanings were shifting from hard right to more left. One time a prophet known as Tom Stamman gave me a word and that word was axiomatic. Meaning things I took for granted as truth would be changed. I could have never imagined what that meant but it fits now. I had a meltdown and the axioms I held true are not so strong now. So where was I and where am I> My religious beliefs are in flux. The core ones have not changed. I am still a Christian. Though I see treasure in other religions now as well. Politically I went from so far right that I thought Bush was too liberal to so far left I thought Obama was too conservative to more centrist overall with some highly liberal leanings and some conservative positions. All I can call myself is an independent but I would say I am a liberal leaning independent. My faith is very strong but my religiousity is very weak. I am seeking a Church. Thinking about Methodist as it seems to be socially liberal. Social justice is a key theme of the teachings of Jesus. A lot more than capitalism. Anyway, if this blog pisses you off, lets talk and be friends anyway. I will probably offend everyone in some way but I hope to stimulate free thinking and tolerance

No comments: