Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Where am I

I am still alive and well. A few months back I attended PAX with some friends I met here (Ninjanun and the Pete). Around this same time, I realized I needed a hobby. Now me being a geek at heart decided that PC games may be a great hobby. I used to play them back in the Doom days.

A buddy of mine recommended Half Life 2 which is an amazing game. I am hooked on it and the whole idea of FPS and strategy integrated. I am not one who will play 24 hours a day but its nice to escape the world and become Gordon Freeman for a few hours and take out my frustrations on some zombies and combines. I will have to get more games. If I do one at a time, I can have some fun in my spare time without it becoming an obsession. Beats the hell out of sitting around and whining about the current political and religious state of the world. Though I do that too.

Anyway thought I would update and let all my friends know I am still around.

2 comments:

dufflehead said...

another tip is to get demos of games. then you get the fun (sometimes the not fun) of playing a game without investing any money.

also, look for a local game shop that has a game night. they usually have a decent selection of new to you board games out.

dufflehead said...

and, speaking of the demos, that will help keep the time investment down, as well.