Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wage Slave in Search of New Master

I am still alive and kicking. I almost went to Open Forum on Saturday but I didnt want to share the fun and give everyone the pneumonia I was getting over.

I am still out of work. A whole week and a half now. that sounds like nothing but it is something when you realize the money will run out. But I am actually calm.

I havent found a damn thing in the Willamette valley from Portland to Eugene. Its like this place is loaded with out of work IT people and also there is a depressiveness to the place. Its like a lot of people have given up.

a buddy of mine in Chicago is trying to get me into the company he works for and its a strong possibility. I have to think it through. Chicago is a big change but the job would be great.

I also have managed to get interviews in Ventura, CA and Medford, OR (I am going to Medford on Friday). Now Southern Oregon is nice. Though Methford is not my idea of great but its close to Ashland and its still Oregon. That would be a much easier move.

I am torn now. What if I get all three of these jobs. I realize that sounds like a stupid problem but the choice will be hard. Chicago has the best job and the best possiblility of getting another job if that doesnt work out. California has the best weather but its EXPENSIVE(so is Chicago for that matter). Medford is Oregon which I am used to and is drier than here.

Wish me luck. I think I will know this week. Phone interview in Chicago Thursday. Regular interview in Medford Friday and possible trip to California for an interview next week.

I will actually miss this part of Oregon (and its proximity to Seattle and the Ocean) if I leave but I cant stay here and wait for the money to run out. It sounds bad but I was at the Eugene library yesterday and saw a bunch of homeless people. It saddens me that they are discarded by our society but what really scared me was, that could be me in a few months. That got me motivated to get out there and get back to working as a wage slave. Suddenly I feel like a fool for complaining about my last job. I wish I wasnt in a situation where money was so damn important but without it life isnt easy. I want whats best for my family.

Anyway this is mixed up and confused but I wanted to get it out there

No comments: