Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I think something is about to happen

This roller coaster ride of 3 weeks has been interesting. My perspective is different. If anything I am less depressed and see more hope than I did before the big layoff. I needed some time to collect my thoughts and realize what is important. Not to mention time to kick some strider and combine ass on Half Life 2.

Some job leads have vaporized. others are going well. My two strongest are not in Oregon and not in the same state. One is in Seattle. The other in Chicago. I think I may well have offers from both by the end of the week. Assuming I get both I will be faced with a new dillema. That is that my decision will affect others in a big way.

Seattle is closer. I know people in both cities. My mom hates both ideas but prefers Chicago because she doesnt want to be near my dad. But why cant she just stay in Oregon and we come visit her every couple of weeks. I am torn between the two. I like the job in Chicago but would rather live in Seattle. But sometimes what I want means very little. Seattle would be so much easier to move to.

Anyway a different kind of problem and its all hypothetical since I dont have offers in either place yet. Either way, it is starting to look like bye bye Oregon. I will actually miss this crazy place.

No comments: