Friday, August 15, 2008

A Touch of Nostalgia

I was listening to the 90s at noon on NRQ and taken back to a simpler time in my life. Back when I had little to no financial obligations, met the love of my life, thought of a job as a job not a prison and was idealistic. I believed that people were basically good. That corporations would take care of you if you did a good job. I was becoming a republican though not there yet (that happened in 1999).

I remember good things. Dreams of the future. Nice melodic post grunge music, beer, and lots of time on the BBS. For those who dont know what a BBS is its like a localized chat room.

Now the BBS are all gone. I have become disillusioned with the american dream, I believe that people are out for themselves first, work is slavery to the ruling class so that I can pay off my debt for living during my idealistic days. So I can support the wallet of the tyranical ruling class of this country. Companies will throw you away like a used condom no matter how hard you work.

However not all is lost. I still have the love of my life and I am coming to realize that I cannot lament the past or totally live for the future. I am trying a new thing. Living in the moment. This moment is usually not that bad and if it is, it too will pass.

I sometimes get nostalgic about the good old days. BBS were sometimes free. Some did charge but just to pay for the costs involved. They did it for fun. Now the Internet is all about profit and its just as fucked as the rest of the world. But there is still some good in it.

No comments: