Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Day After

Well now its the day after but the minute after I concocted the monstrosity before, I decided to ponder and meditate and I realized I am not off base. I just need to chill and be more tolerant. Tolerant of those who choose to worship God in the way of being in Church. My form of worship is between me and God. It can be prayer. It can be meditation. It can be standing in awe at the wonders of nature out in the woods. To me they are all manifestations of God. I hear him in the stillness. Sometimes I just need to clear away the clutter and listen.

Now my wife and I are fine. My main point was that I accused her of being brainwashed but she is sincere and I know we follow the same God so if she speaks a little churchese, I will be OK with it. I wont be OK with legalism and judgementalness but her heart is good and she is not a judgemental person. She may get more from Church than I do but thats OK. I should take what I can from every experience and try to give to it at the same time. Living each day and moment at a time.

Her school is very much a Churchianity college so I should expect an influence. I think the people at her school are sincere dedicated Christians as are a lot of Churchgoers. I choose to be a free thinker and that is not promoted in much of Churchianity. Thats my main issue. That and pious legalism.

Oh and I was TOTALLY KIDDING about voting for John McCain. Whatever you think of Obama, McCain is 1000 times worse.

I wish I could vote for Kucinich. The trendier Obama gets the less I trust him but he is what we have.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Dude hang in there. I have been where you are. I graduated from the "churchiest" school of "churchianity" founded by Jerry Falwell no less. There is peace further on in your travels (as well as now). A book I really love and you may like (if you haven't read it already) is "Living Buddha, Living Christ" by Thich Nhat Hanh . Grace and peace brother.

crallspace said...

MY wife and I have a similar divergence.

Dude, I swear, you and I are on the same page on a lot of things. I don't know how closely the evangelicals heard your talk on SAT, but it was right on.

They wanted to invite me to church afterward. I was polite, but left them disappointed it would seem.

Take care.