Monday, June 09, 2008

Old Friends/Family/????

Yesterday I found the phone number of a woman who was kind of like a second mother to me. She is someone who used to be my moms best friend but since my mom has broken all ties to old friend and family and claims they are "evil" I can no longer let my mom know I am in contact with this woman. How f'd up is that. Funny thing is they both are born again Christians. Weird.

Another funny twist on this is this womans daughter has always been close to me. At one point I thought I was in love with her because I didnt understand what I felt. It is love of a sort but she is more like a sister to me than a girlfriend. I just didnt get it back in 93 and almost ruined the relationship by thinking I was in love. I am sure that makes no sense. She and I have always had a spiritual connection and can tell when the other is in trouble. Even when havent spoken in years and are seperated by thousands of miles. Almost like twin syndrome but we arent related. At least not by blood. I dont know what caused this connection. Most Christians would reject such a thing as nonsense.

My wife is cool with this because the relationship is totally non-sexual. Its like a brother/sister thing. Just a close friendship that seems to transcend time and distance. I know its totally weird. Once i didnt talk to her for 8 years because once she rejected me as a boyfriend my mom thought she was evil. My mind was like scrambled eggs ans swiss cheese. I didnt know what I believed about anything or anyone so I just didnt talk to her or anyone else from my past. First I found the bottle and buried all feelings with booze. Then I moved to Idaho to forget. While living there, I found myself. Then I found my wife. My one true love. Now I know what love is and I am not confused anymore.

Today I going to call my long lost friend. She and I have been text messaging today. Now its only been two years since I talked to her but when I moved to Albany I lost her contact info. The eight year block of time was after I moved to Idaho until 2002.

I spoke to her mother yesterday who still considers my mom a good friend and would forgive her for everything if she would talk to her. My mom still maintains they have all gone to the dark side. I dont see how.

Anyway. I wanted to share this with my friends in the blogosphere. I hope the way I wrote it, it made some sense.

No comments: