Monday, June 30, 2008

Man Made Disaster

So while people are out there pondering if the right wing will blame those filthy gay librul iwegian farmers for their plight (like they did for the people of New Orleans) I found an interesting semi-local blog entry http://ericstoller.com/blog/2008/06/30/flooding-iowa-potential-cause/ that points to the cause being man made.

I think Katrina was partly man made too. It hit so hard because the wetlands of Southern Louisiana have been decimated to the point that the ocean is closer to the city.

God didnt do it. Gay people didnt do it. People did do it. Maybe they were gay. Who cares. Most likely corporatist people. Surely not God.

Wisconsin Dells draining of Lake Delton is another example of a MAN MADE debacle. This MAN MADE lake breached its bank and washed away houses. I suppose they all must be gay too. Here is that story http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/19662404.html

I have been to Wisconsin Dells many times when I lived in MN and even rode on "the ducks" right at the point where Lake Delton gave way. So in some ways this story is close to home even though I am not from Wisconsin. The Dells as its called by locals is (well maybe not so much anymore) a popular vacation spot for the entire upper Midwest. I will miss Lake Delton if I ever get back there. God must have really hated those people.

All my comments about gay people are not to be taken seriously. I am simply making fun of the right wing attempts to blame everything on someone other than themselves and to involve God in things that God didnt cause.

2 comments:

Rock in the Grass (Pete Grassow) said...

God gets blamed for many things that human beings do not want to own up to!

Pugs in Space said...

No you are wrong. I am gay. I did it...