Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Peace

I borrowed this from a Mennonite web site so I hope I am not plagerizing. I just havent see all the verses put to together like this. The bottom line is Jesus is a Republican and supports the war in Iraq. Only a fool could get reach any other conclusion from these verses

Bible verses that call for peace
Old Testament verses
Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you; you have only to be still.
Numbers 6:24 May the Lord bless you...and give you peace
Numbers 12:3 Moses was more humble than anyone else....
Deuteronomy 9:5 Not because of your righteousness, but their wickedness...
Deuteronomy 17:16 The king must not acquire great numbers of horses...
Joshua 24:12 You did not (drive them out) by your own sword and bow
1 Samuel 2:9 It is not by strength that one prevails;
1 Samuel 8:11 The king will take your sons...and the Lord will not answer
1 Samuel 10:19 You have rejected God...and asked for a king
1 Samuel 17:47 It is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves;
1 Samuel 25:33 May you be blessed...for keeping me from bloodshed/vengeance
1 Chronicles 22:8 You have fought many wars...and are not to build a house for my Name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in my sight. But you will have a son who will be a man of peace
1 Chronicles 28:3 You are not to build God's house because you are a warrior
Psalms 11:5 The soul of the Lord hates...those who love violence
Psalms 17:4 I have kept myself from the ways of the violent
Psalms 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
Psalms 33:16 A king is not saved by his great army....
Psalms 34:14 Turn from evil; do good; seek peace and pursue it
Psalms 35:20 (The ungodly) make false accusations against those living quietly
Psalms 44:3 It was not by their sword that they won their land....
Psalms 44:6 My sword does not bring me victory...
Psalms 46:8 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth
Psalms 68:30 Scatter the nations who delight in war.
Psalms 120:6 Too long have I lived among those who hate peace. I am a man of peace; but when I speak, they are for war.
Psalms 140:1-2 Protect me from the violent who...stir up wars continually
Psalms 146:3 Do not put your trust in princes, who cannot save
Proverbs 13:2 The unfaithful have a craving for violence.
Ecclesiastes 9:18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war
Isaiah 9:6 A child has been born...and he is named...Prince of Peace
Isaiah 31:1 Woe to those who...rely on horses/chariots/horsemen
Isaiah 59:8 The way of peace they do not know
Jeremiah 4:19 I writhe in pain...I cannot keep silent...for I hear...the alarm of war.
Ezra 8:22 I was ashamed to ask the king for soldiers to protect us
Hosea 1:7 I will save...not by bow, sword, battle, horses, horsemen
Hosea 2:18 Bow/sword/battle I will abolish from the land
Hosea 10:13 Because you depend on warriors...you will be destroyed.
Hosea 11:9 I am God not man; I will not come in wrath
Hosea 14:3 Assyria cannot save us; we will not ride war-horses
Micah 4:3 Nations will not train for war anymore.
Micah 5:2-5 One who is to rule in Israel...shall be the one of peace.
Micah 5:10 In that day...I will cut off your horses...and destroy your chariots.
Nahum 1:15 Look!! The feet of one...who proclaims peace!!
Zechariah 4:6 Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit
New Testament verses

*=teachings of Jesus
*Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God
*Matthew 5:38-42 Do not resist one who is evil
*Matthew 5:43 Love your enemies; pray for persecutors
*Matthew 26:52 All who take the sword will perish by the sword
*Mark 9:50 Be at peace with each other.
Luke 1:79 (Jesus will) guide our feet into the path of peace.
*Luke 6:27 Love your enemies; bless those who persecute you
*Luke 19:42 If only you (Jerusalem) had known what would bring you peace
*Luke 22:51 Jesus said, "No more of this!! (striking with the sword)"
*John 14:27 Peace I leave with you...not as the world gives do I give...
*John 14:30 The ruler of this world...has no hold on me
*John 16:2 Anyone who kills you thinks he is offering service to God ...because they have not known the Father
*John 18:11 Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword into its sheath..."
*John 18:36 If my kingdom were of this world...my servants would fight
*Acts 5:29 We must obey God, rather than man.
*Romans 3:17 No one seeks God; the way of peace they do not know
*Romans 12:17 Return no one evil for evil...live at peace with everyone
*Romans 12:21 Overcome evil with good
*Romans 14:19 Make every effort to do what leads to peace
*1 Corinthians 2:6-8 The rulers of this age...come to nothing...do not understand
*1 Corinthians 7:15 God has called us to live in peace.
*1 Corinthians 14:33 God is not a god of disorder but of peace.
*2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.
*2 Corinthians 10:4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.
*Ephesians 2:17 He preached peace to you who were far...and near
*Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart...
*1 Thessalonians 5:15 Do not return evil for evil.
*2 Timothy 2:24 The servant of the Lord must be gentle to all
*Hebrews 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and be holy
*James 3:18 Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest/righteousness.
*1 Peter 2:23 ...He (Jesus) did not retaliate...He made no threats
*1 Peter 3:8 Do not return evil for evil.
*1 Peter 3:11 Turn from evil; do good; seek peace; pursue it

No comments: