Monday, June 18, 2007

Nobody believes what they say anymore

Or so it would seem. A good example is my previous post. The A/G is very pro Bush and many are pro war. They swear allegiance to the US govt in ALL situations well whatever. Anyway, if their web site claims they dont like war then why are they all a bunch of Bushies in practice.

Here is another one that gets me. Many churches claim to be Egalitarian. Even the A/G is considered Egalitarian. I challenge you to find me 10 people in any evangelical denomination that are really egalitarian. The complementarian BS keeps getting shoved down our throats in Churches that claim to be egalitarian. I hear all the lies. That I as the man am the priest of the home. Thats not biblical. All the submission crap (which is a good excuse for women to be passive agressive and blame their husbands for everything). Doctrine and position papers are totally meaningless if the people hang onto their twisted traditions. I am very disgruntled with all of evangelicalism right now.

I am still a Christian. If you want to battle me on this, dont quote the same old tired verses from 2 Timothy. Show me where Jesus promotes war or complimentarianism.

Without radical change inside the Church, I fear that the younger generation who doesnt buy into this crap will be so turned off they will give up on God altogether. Perception is reality. Thanks to W and others the perception of christiainity is pretty shitty

No comments: