Friday, December 19, 2008

Its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine

Being from Minnesota and having lived in the Pacific NW for the last 5 years I have noticed that snow or the threat of snow causes widespread panic and fear. The news has been all about the storm. Yes it will snow and it has. The weather the last week reminds me of Minnesota but it has not been a problem for me. I am amazed at the fear propigated by the media. Sure its frustrating and people in the NW may not drive well in the ice but I believe the media panic is an attempt to scare people to buy supplies and watch local media. Only one night was driving really hard. Otherwise its just been slow and steady.

I will be glad when it is over but finally it seems Christmasy. I have never thought the Pacific Northwest was very Christmasy. I am almost ready for Christmas now. A nice quiet Christmas with my wife in front of our fireplace.

Merry Christmas all. Be careful out there but dont freak. Use common sense

1 comment:

Nina said...

we had snow, but not nearly as much as you had up north. what little we had was melted by the liquid sunshine on monday afternoon. sure is pretty though. we went sledding up on witham hill. it was fun being the only people over 20 doing the same thing.

i hope you and your wife had a peaceful christmas. and hey, on the religion thing, i really don't believe we make god angry. never ever. that perfect state of love and all there is that is the creator doesn't focus on being pissed or worried. we humans are the ones who do that. :)