Saturday, December 06, 2008

In Oregon

I am in Oregon this weekend to move out of our Albany home and into a storage locker until we can get moved into the house I hope we get approved for in Puyallup.

My previous post was a bit harsh but now I am seeing it from this perspective. Albany seems more run down and hickish than it did before but Oregon is really OK. I just think Washington may be nicer to live in for now. I really like it there. I am going to miss this in some way. Its starting to look less homey and more empty. That is a bit depressing. Though life in Albany was a rocky road there was some good. This marks the closing of one chapter completely and on to a new one.

Now that the madness of last two months draws to a close I have to wonder. In a new place. A new life. How should I practice my spirituality. church perhaps. Or not maybe. I dont know.

I would have to say my faith is stronger now as a result but I dont feel more religious in any way. I havent been to a Church since Oct 12th (two days after the layoff) yet I feel that God has been with me. I have not been doing meditation lately either. Not since moving to Washington. Though the practice made the unemployed weeks here much easier. I got paranoid that somehow I had angered God with my interest in Buddhism and kind of ran back. But it was helping. Perhaps I should be a good Christian and try not to make God mad. But I am not sure that he was mad. Things happen. God is there and gets you through. Religion had little to do with this. That sounds conflicted and non-peaceful but I have a peace that it is all going to be OK. Anyway, the journey continues. The circular maddening journey known as life.

No comments: