Thursday, July 10, 2008

Obama

Initially when Obama became the presumptive nominee, I noticed that some in the left started to bash him and call him a fraud. It seemed that once Hillary Clinton was out of the picture, it became OK to bash the "messiah". I neither thought he was the messiah or did I think he was superman but I did and still do think he is better than Clinton and a lot better than McCain. When I heard the Obama bashing I thought hey lets give the guy a break and support him. Unless he does something unforgivable like cave to the pressure to make Hillary Clinton his running mate.

Well he has done soemthing worse yet I still will vote for him. He has gone from threatening to filibuster the FISA bill to supporting it.

FISA is that evil deplorable bill that allows the Government to spy on its own people.

Obama, please dont sell us all out again. For now you still got my vote but dont do anything else stupid or you may well lose the election.

1 comment:

Nina said...

In the world of politics, the truth of one's character and beliefs surface only after they've secured the nomination. (That's mine--you may quote me. lol)

Sadly, while this is frustrating...maddening, it doesn't surprise me. And I feel your pain--and of all of those who have been so supportive of Obama, who want change sooo deeply. It really does sadden me.

I knew he was a sell-out and would begin to change his stance on things, only to be shown for what he is: one who supports the current (political) status quo. I didn't want to believe this, but I couldn't shake it. If he were indeed the real deal, he wouldn't have gotten this far. The MSM would have ignored him just as they do with Nader, Kucinich and others who actually think for themselves. Big Biz runs Washington.

We need a national hour of prayer--every darn day--where we focus on the kind of leadership we want. I've seen this kind of focused intention work in my own personal relationships. It has to have power in other relational formats as well. It's all energy, afterall. And unless these political folks are part of some alien race.....(insert twilight zone music)