Thursday, July 03, 2008

God, Drugs, Alchohol, and Church

So... I got one for you. Most Church people talk about the bad old days when they were awful sinners back when they were drinkers or weed smokers, or used drugs, or worse, maybe they even cursed George Bush (this one is not in seriousness) But in all seriousness I get tired of the stigma attached to certain behaviours and that good Christians just dont do those kinds of things.

So I challenge anyone out there to give me a good compelling argument why the above activities are sinful and why people who refrain from them and attend Church are "holier than thou"

I see nothing wrong with partying and being a Christian. I am not advocating hard drug use or anything but what is wrong with using certain substances that make you feel better. In moderation is best of course. Have a beer if you want. It wont send you to hell.

I think it goes back to Church people want to be around people like themselves so they project their false morals onto people.

Anyway just some thoughts of the day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Religion kills.

crallspace said...

Some people have little to no self control and only feel compelled to reel that in because of fear. Fear of a God in the sky who will send them to hell or make life miserable if they partake in such sin.

Some need an anchor to reel THEM in, because they are too weak to deal with all that life throws at them. I can understand that, but can relate less and less.

It would seem that you and I share a lot of musings. We should really hang out more. Are your MON or TUES available?

email me---

Spiritbear said...

I do work Mondays and Tuesdays but I am home by 6:00. Maybe we could do something in the evening

We should hang out more. That would be cool.