Monday, May 12, 2008

Obama

We did go to see Obama on Friday and I will say I am more likely to vote for him now then before but I dont think he is the savior of the world that so many portray him as. He is an excellent speaker and has a lot of charisma. But I wouldnt say his presence was mesmerizing. It was en event I will remember for a long time though.

I believe he is a sincere man with good intentions. I do not think he will be successful in all he plans to do as President. I think he will make major change during his first term and then slowly become more like one of them. If he doesnt become more like them, I dont think he can get re-elected unless the Republicans put up another doofus like McCain. I could be proven wrong but power corrupts and I think it would be foolish to assume that Obama is any exception to this. To succeed as a politician, one must compromise. That is why the best people never succeed as politicians and those who succeed as politicians make me suspicious.

He is the best choice that is left so I am endorsing Obama. I would even go so far as to say that I like him. Not that my endorsement means a damn thing except that I will vote for him if he doesnt get the nomination stolen from him by the EVIL Clintons.

I would vote for Nader and think he would be a better person but what we need now is a less bad politician. Obama is our man for the job. Who knows he may turn out to even be halfway decent.

No comments: