Saturday, July 07, 2007

Faith vs Theology

TKN had some wise words in a comment to one of my previous posts that losing faith isnt letting go of strongly held beliefs or something like that. I apologize if I misquote. Anyway, I have come to a conclusion, though my theology is exploding and melting, my faith is actually getting stronger. Perfect faith needs no theology. Perfect theology needs no faith. I am not falling from or doubting my faith. I am doubting what I have been told I should believe. I am starting to find some peace.

Thanks to all of you. Many have said helpful things. I wonder how much faith a theologian has.

2 comments:

Bible student said...

Spiritbear,

I have found great comfort in what the Bible says rather that what the priest/preacher/theologist says it says. Leaving my church, but not my God, years (and years) ago left me searching. Until I found a group that respected the Bible as God’s word, I couldn’t settle. I like your idea of a perfect church, first century Christians are the ones that can be emulated in that respect.

Keep up the good work, I enjoy your writing.

crallspace said...

Spiritbear- we ought talk.

About a year or two ago I was saying what you just said- perhaps a 'back on track' or refresher.

Check this out... don't let it die. (Not directed at you, btw...)

............../´¯/)...........(\¯`\
............/....//.............\\....\
.........../....//...............\\....\
...../´¯/..../´¯\.........../¯`\....\¯`\
.././.../..../..../.|_......_|.\...\....\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.)..)..(..(.\....)....)....).) ) )
.\................\/.../....\...\/................/
..\................. /........\................../
....\..............(............)............../
......\.............\.........../...............