Saturday, August 04, 2007

Crappy towns and good towns

There is an article on Crallspace about crappy mid valley towns. I thought I would make my top 10 best and worst towns in Oregon from my perspective.

The 10 Crappiest

10. St Paul (no habla Espanol)
9. Dallas (seems very rednecky and hickish. Nothing endearing about it)
8. Tigard (suburbia at its worst)
7. Albany (armpit of Oregon)
6. Millersburg (worse than Albany)
5. Newport (armpit of the Coast)
4. Coos Bay (butthole of the coast)
3. Otis (sex offenders and rednecks)
2. Toledo (Inbred Jeds delight)
1. Eddyville (The whole town is about to fall in the creek and I think between all of them they have 3 teeth)

The 10 Best

10. Eugene (too big but decent)
9. Baker City (the scenery is awesome. The people seem decent)
8. Depoe Bay (Nice little coastal town)
7. Lincoln City ( a coastal town with things to do)
6. Cascadia (I agree with Crallspace. Its a nice little place. Some rednecks but I like the peacefulness)
5. Monmouth (seems like a nice small college town)
4. Corvallis (lots to do, cool people, clean, where i would like to raise a family)
3. Cascade Locks (beautiful town. Close to Porland but not too close. didnt strike me as overly redneck)
2. Gold Beach (the best darn place on the Coast)
1. Tollgate (way up in the Blue Mountains. Truly a spiritual experience. )

I am sure I am wrong but thats my right as a blogger. I would be interested in what others think. I dont necessarily thing the above reflects livability, The top 3 that I would like to live in are:

3. Monmouth
2. Eugene
1. Corvallis.


Funny that the three are all college towns. I bet I would like Ashland if I spent any time there too.





1.

3 comments:

Rock in the Grass (Pete Grassow) said...

You definitely need to come and visit Cape Town

WhiteWolf28 said...

Remember when you told me not to quite posting on my blog??? It's been a long time, but I am posting again. If anyone is interested in seeing it, it's counseling corner (whitewolf) link. So when you click on the link on this blogspot, you will see something new.

Oh by the way, I like this post. I like what you said about Eddyville. That is funny and sadly true.

Ragemanchoo said...

Tillamook is the butthole of the coast. Its nothing but a series of dairy farms. Trust me... its the butthole.