Thursday, December 28, 2006

Boundaries

I have noticed since moving to Oregon that most people here dont understand boundaries. The management at my work has no hesitation to call me on my cell phone on Sundays to ask questions. People on the street walk up and ramble nonsense at you. One guy digs through our dumpster every day. Not only have I noticed that the people in this state are very strange, but they dont understand boundaries. They get right in your face and your business. Dont tell me "you have never lived in a big city or a small town". I have lived in a tiny farm town in Minnesota as well as Minneapolis, Denver and the DC area. I am well familiar with big city vs small town culture. I am beginning to think that Oregon is where people move when the rest of the country wont take them. Not to mention that where I work there are no people near my age but a crapload of old people. Its like someone left the door open at the nursing home. Not to mention the inbred rednecks and the new age/cultic nuts.

I try to approach these nutjobs with the love of Christ, but being around them has made me hardended burnt out and almost non-caring. I hope I die before I become like the people I see every day.

Oh and if you are thinking of moving to Oregon, its an OK place, but the Coast should have a sign that reads "A great place to get old and die"

I admit it, I have such a problem with old people now that I dont want to attend a Church thats full of them. Most Churches have lots of them.

At times, secretly, I think that Euthanasia in the Soylent Green kind of way (minus eating them) might not be a bad idea.

Someone please tell me Im f'd up

4 comments:

MJ said...

You're Fucked up...but pretty entertaining and that's all that really matters anyway. Ah, boundaries....fun stuff. I am Italian. I grew up in a fmaily that thinks boundary is a bad word. A month ago my mother came over to help me when I was sick. i simply asked her to make my son lunch and take him to school. She did that and also rearranged all the furniture in my downstairs. When i was annoyed that she did this, she got mad at me for being "ungrateful" So, i don't need a state for this, i have a family for this. Oregon you can leave. My mother is forever. Pity me. Have you found a decent churchout there?

Spiritbear said...

MJ,

I want to say thanks for reading my post and I do feel sorry for you. Sounds like boundaries issue exist everywhere. Sorry to hear about what happened to you.

I think I had a bad day when I made the post and I think Oregon is just a weird place. You are right. I can leave. I have reasons I need to stay here now which outway the bad so I will shut up and stop whining.

I still find old people annoying, but my euthanasia statement went overboard. I really dont advocate putting them out of their misery

Spiritbear said...

Oh. I think I may have found a decent Church today. Non denominational. Lots of people my age. Lively worship. Im sure its not perfect, but I felt better when I left then when I walked in. I guess thats good.

MJ said...

Dude, chill...It's ok to be a bit of a jerk every now and then. You should only be a fly on the wall in my brain..No need to be even remotely apologetic. I am not making any assumptions about you based on this post. I am a female...Do you think I don't understand about moods? Don't worry so much what people think. This is my point of departure: Sometimes I say something really interesting and I am pretty sure it comes from God...sometimes I spout inane bullshit. I give myself the freedom to do both and If people judge me or form a negative opinion about me, who needs them? They were never going to really like me anyway!