Sunday, May 24, 2009

Today on the Coast

Returning to the Coast after two and a half years of not living there was amazing. Being removed from it all the stressors I had when I lived there are distant and gone.

My wife and I planted ourselves on a beach just outside of Seal Rock. We let the dogs (moms dog and our dog) run around. I sat down in the sand and took it all in. I did some breath meditation and then moved on to meditating on the sound of the ocean waves. I also took in the clean air and the feeling of the sand and the beauty of the place. I drifted out into a meditative state and felt very close to God and at total peace. Stayed there about 1/2 hour. My wife talked to me and the dogs became restless but it didnt kill the experience. I just became mindful of them as part of the experience and took it in. In that moment, I was not consumed by either future worries or past regrets. That present moment was just great in itself.

Now I am back in Albany but I think this experience may have changed my life. I feel very close to God right now and know he will take care of us. I also have peace for now.

No comments: